CURR ICUL UM VITAE
MarГa Lorena ZГЎrate
I happened to be created in Los Angeles Plata, Argentina on 18, 1971 november. We learned History at the nationwide University of Los Angeles Plata and had been a known user for the performing Group on artistic History.
Before joining the Habitat Global Coalition (HIC) in Mexico City, we struggled to obtain 7 years in Argentina as being user associated with the modifying and publishing group for the Centre for Environmental Studies and Projects Foundation (FundaciГіn CEPA, Centro de Estudios y Proyectos del Ambiente), the Latin American Forum for Environmental Studies (Foro Latinoamericano de Ciencias Ambientales)-UNESCO seat on Sustainable Development, in addition to journal Environment (Revista Ambiente).
I’ve been surviving in Mexico City since June 1999 and I also joined up with the HIC-Latin America (HIC-AL) local group in 2000, collaborating with Fomento Solidario de la Vivienda (FOSOVI) along with other companies regarding the Mexico Habitat Coalition (CHM). I’ve been the Coordinator for the HIC-Latin United states Regional workplace since 2003.
My indigenous language is Spanish, we talk and compose English and French, and I also understand and read Portuguese.
Regional Office Coordination, HIC-Latin America
Main duties consist of:
- General administration, coordination and utilization of local and worldwide tasks beneath the auspices of numerous donors, along with drafting reports that are necessary
- Organization, coordination and involvement in HIC regional, nationwide and worldwide conferences, like the Board and General Assembly;
- Planning, involvement and followup of HIC regional, nationwide and events that are international particularly the World personal Forum, the Americas personal Forum, and also the World Urban Form;
- Organization of training activities for HIC and relevant companies;
- Ongoing communication and help for regional HIC user companies in Latin America, as well as in other areas (Spanish-, English-, French- and Portuguese-speaking people) to produce, implement, monitor and disseminate tasks and jobs in a cooperative way;
- Developing and strengthening of links along with other local, nationwide and international systems, like the implementation and diffusion of typical tasks, such as for example promotions, occasions, studies, and publications;
- Composing center point electronic bulletins and articles for HIC regional and websites that are international
- Coordination and modifying of regional, nationwide and HIC that is international, including involvement in French-Spanish, English-Spanish and Portuguese-Spanish translations.
Regional and Overseas Projects
Help towards the HIC-Latin American Regional Secretariat. Coordination of techniques, agendas, action plans for social motions, technical teams, grassroots businesses, NGOs, and academics to advocate for policies in popular housing and habitat, utilizing the aim of enhancing housing conditions among low-income communities. Misereor, Germany, 2001-2003, 2004-2006, 2007-2009, and 2010-2012.
Individual liberties connected to habitat in Meso-America. Project developed resistance techniques for regional companies and communities threatened by the Panama Arrange and also the possibility for forced displacement and rights violations that are human. In coordination with Silvia Emanuelli (HIC-AL). Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Germany, 2003-present.
Regional Venture on Ladies and Housing: Constructing Dignity. In coordination aided by the Observatori DESC (Barcelona), HIC General Secretariat and HIC-Women and Habitat system for Latin America (Red Mujer y HГЎbitat). Supported by ACCD and DiputaciГі de Barcelona, Spain, 2007-2008.
The social manufacturing of habitat as well as the directly to housing also to the town in Latin America: Strategic instructions for HIC action that is regional advocacy . 12 businesses and 7 cities/countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico and Uruguay) took part in this task, with preparation, monitoring and assessment conferences in Caracas, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, and BogotГЎ. Supported by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2005-2008.
Task to help advocacy processes for policies pertaining to the production that is social of. Supported by the Swedish Cooperative Centre, Sweden, 2007.
Global task from the social manufacturing of habitat: Conceptual development, case studies, help instruments and policy advocacy that is public. The task included HIC that is diverse and HIC figures in the centre East, Africa, Asia, European countries loveandseek,com and Latin America. InWent, Germany, 2003-2005.
Regional task to bolster society that is civil the understanding of individual liberties linked to habitat. 10 companies and 5 cities/countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico y Uruguay. Preparing, monitoring and assessment conferences in Buenos Aires, MГ©xico, and Los Angeles Paz. Sustained by Oxfam-Novib, The Netherlands, 2003-2005.
Г– Participated into the core group for the HIC evaluation that is institutional evaluated the dwelling associated with the coalition, including HIC-Latin America (June 2006-April 2007). Organization and involvement in workshops at worldwide and local amounts, also planning of industry visits. Associated with developing terms of guide for assessment as well as in coordinating the main assessment documentвЂ™s final interpretation.
Г– Organization, coordination and followup of HIC internal conferences at local and nationwide amounts in Latin America, also adding to international coalition conferences.
Г– Development, outreach and strengthening of links with businesses, motions and systems that really work on housing and habitat problems regionally and internationally. This includes public announcements, press outreach, public events, campaigns, document development, urgent action appeals, publications and action-research among other activities.